Scholarships are a great way to pay for school and there are a large number out there to apply for. These awards are normally given out by organizations or corporations. The amount varies dependent on the scholarship and can be anywhere from $500 to a “full-ride,” which means that the scholarship pays for your entire degree!
Scholarships are awarded to students who meet certain criteria stipulated by the organization. These include:
- Merit - often these require a certain GPA to be eligible. The student may need to meet other requirements such as leadership ability or community service.
- Financial need – in order to qualify you must earn below a certain amount each year.
- Ethnicity – different minority organizations, such as the NAACP or the Hispanic College Fund.
- Military – there are many scholarships available to members or veterans of the armed forces, and their families.
- Major – many companies or associations may give out scholarships to people who declare a particular major, such as nursing or engineering.
Stop putting off college because you think you can’t afford it! Fill out the form to learn more and get matched to a great school that can give you even more information about scholarships!
For more information on scholarships, please download our free education success kit.
*Financial aid may be available to those who qualify. The information on this page is for research purposes only and is not an assurance of financial aid.