Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents

Feb 19, 2010 16 Comments by

As a result of their experiences in college degree programs, single mothers Eileen Richardson and Miki Magnino have announced plans to open a nursing school that caters to student-parents, the Herald-News reports.

The two women, who live in suburban Chicago, earned college degrees while raising children on their own. In turn, they hope to use their education and expertise to help other single parents enhance their qualifications and enter the nursing sector.

“We have a passion for single mothers,” Richardson told the news source.

The women’s new school will aim to help nontraditional students launch second careers in the healthcare industry. They plan to use their experiences in the social work and nursing fields to bring a holistic approach to education that will include the physical, psychological, social and spiritual aspects of patient care.

Students will be able to earn a licensed practical nursing degree through a one-year program that will cater to working adults and parents.

Other nursing programs that cater to single parents and other nontraditional students are online nursing degrees.  Online education is great for these type of students because studying time is flexible and can be worked around the already busy day of a single parent.

Also, individuals who take advantage of single mother grant programs to pursue a degree in nursing could increase their job prospects, as employment experts expect this field will experience shortages in the coming years.

Adult Learning

16 Responses to “Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents”

1. Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents | Education … New just to Me says:

[...] posted here: Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents | Education … tags: nontraditional, online-nursing, single-parents, students-because, studying-time, [...]

2. Allison S says:

This is great news for those of us single parents looking to get into the nursing profession.

3. RR85 says:

thanks for the article. glad to see these online programs are coming along!!1

4. Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents | Education … Outsourcing just to Me says:

[...] is the original post: Single Mothers Open Nursing School for Single Parents | Education … tags: allison, leave, nursing-math, nursing-school, school, single-parents, year-degree, [...]

5. robyn llb says:

Wow, what a great idea. I am a single mom and work in the hospital as an aid. I have been wanting to go and get a degree as a registered nurse. This is the answer!

6. cookie forbes says:

This is such a great idea. More people who are successful in professional careers should think about this kind of thing.

7. marta elena says:

Online schools are really growning fast. Pretty soon there will be more people going online than on campus.

8. Robert Rulse says:

This is such an inspiring story. I would like to find out as much as possible about this training and possibly enroll. How can I find out more about these women?

9. viec lam says:

Please inform me it labored right? I dont want to sumit it again if i don’t have to! Both the weblog glitced out or i am an idiot, the second possibility doesnt shock me lol. thanks for an excellent weblog! Anyway, in my language, there are usually not much good source like this.

10. Xavier says:

Growing up my mother was a single mom working as a nurse raising me and my sister. She spent most days working so we rarely saw her except in the morning and when she came home. I think this is a wonderful opportunity and will help so many struggling people out there.

11. Steph says:

These women are great to start a program for single parents. I wish more people would give back like this when they make it.

Hi Robert. To learn more about the school and its co-owners please visit the Divinity Institute of Allied Health.

13. A second look at the Bulgari Diagono Tourbillon – (8 Replies) | Hello Watches! says:

[...] radio invicta redgold invicta reserve invicta russian diver invicta shark invicta speedway invicta subaqua invicta sunday [...]

14. Richard Mille in Tokyo 2011 – Charity Party "Dear Family" – (17 Replies) | I love Watches! says:

[...] clocks seiko cornuto seiko dive watches seiko diver seiko instruments seiko kinetic seiko la salle seiko matsuda seiko [...]

15. Autoclave says:

This is the best blog I have found lateley for the info that I like to read