Associate in Science in Business Administration
Business administration makes up a variety of concentration areas and correlated career fields. An Associate in Science in Business Administration degree aims to give students a general overview of these related concentration areas and how they work together in order to create a successful enterprise. These concentrations include sales, advertising, finance, economics, public relations and management. Most business administration degrees touch upon all these subjects and often students are required to take specific classes on each one. That is one of the reasons that an Associate in Science in Business Administration is a great degree option for an individual who may be unsure about what business career to pursue. Some colleges may also let you move into a Bachelor’s Business Administration program as a junior if you have earned the associate degree already.
Students who pursue the Associate in Business Administration will most likely have to take an Introduction to Business course as a starting point. This course will cover important topics like how to manage effectively and the importance of consumer behavior. Depending on the school, the course may also touch upon how technological advances have affected how business is run. Other courses like business communication and business math will help students to mold their math and English skills to a business environment.
- Motivating and Managing People
- Principles of Marketing
- Legal Environment for Business
- Public Relations
Colleges Offering Degree
- Thomas Edison State College
- California Coast University
- Argosy University
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.