Specializing in both health care industry topics and practical business decision-making, health care administrators and managers are called upon to address these important issues and steer employers toward sound solutions. The Health Care Management concentration builds upon the core MBA business and management courses to provide specialized knowledge and expertise in modern health care issues, trends and tools, and their applications. Students will receive in-depth instruction in legal, ethical and compliance issues; health care finance; managed health care and insurance company operations; and the different types of health care service systems in the United States. Graduates of MBA programs with a Health Care Management emphasis have transitioned from clinical practice to administrative roles, been promoted to a management or supervisory position in their current department, or moved to a larger department or organization with more opportunity for advancement.
Students from outside the United States who complete their Herzing studies 100% online in their home country, without the need to travel to the U.S., will not require a student visa. However, the international admissions items 1 to 4 listed below must be provided by all international students, whether studying online or at a traditional campus in the U.S.
Herzing University is authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) to accept and enroll non-immigrant students.
In order to be issued an I-20 authorization from the University, non-immigrant applicants must meet the University’s general admissions requirements and provide the following documentation:
1. A certified copy of the high school transcripts, college transcripts or the equivalent documents. Diplomas and supporting transcripts not written in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.
2. ACT/SAT scores or transcripts indicating prior post-secondary coursework deemed appropriate for placement into the intended program. This document will substitute for entrance exams, which Herzing University does not administer beyond the U.S. and Canada. Foreign students may be required to pay for a professional evaluation of their transcripts if deemed necessary by Herzing University.
3. A notarized statement of financial support or a certified government sponsor letter indicating that tuition will be paid in advance of each term (the first two semesters tuition must be paid upon enrollment) and that all necessary living expenses for the international applicant will be provided. (Form I-134 may be used and is available online from the USCIS.)
4. Proof of English-language proficiency through any one of the following:
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.