Education-Instructional Design & Technology Master's
The Post University Masters of Education (M.Ed.) online degree program meets the growing need for creative, innovative educators who can rise to the challenges and opportunities of today’s and tomorrow’s education environments. The program provides a flexible, convenient way for working adults to earn their M.Ed. in as little as 12 months.
Post University’s M.Ed. Online Degree Program is a non-licensure program.
The Post University M.Ed. in Instructional Design & Technology is for education, training, and development professionals who want to develop advanced skills in the planning and creation of learning experiences using technology. The program encourages students to be creative in their approach to designing and assessing effective technology-driven learning experiences. It also provides differentiated learning experience so that students may pursue projects of interest to them.
Students May Pursue Interests In:
- Learning Management Systems
- Digital media design in teaching and learning
- Using hardware and software in the classroom (interactive classroom tools, video, etc.)
- Social networks for learning (Facebook, Twitter, etc,)
- Virtual experiences (Second Life, Virtual Campuses, etc.)
- Online communication tools (chat, asynchronous communication tools, and streaming media)
- Future design of online learning
- An innovative or creative project of interest of their choosing
The Instructional Design & Technology Concentration Prepares Students To:
- Design and develop learning environments using models of instructional design and technology delivery
- Understand and apply theories of design and instruction to the development, design, and implementation of educational experiences
- Integrate appropriate technology in diverse education settings, including schools, universities, corporations, non-profits and government agencies
- Assess, budget, and evaluate education technology
The Instructional Design & Technology is Appropriate for:
- New and experienced educators, corporate trainers, higher education professionals, and instructional designers/technology specialists in schools, universities, corporations and government agencies
Key Features of a Post University M.Ed. Instructional Design & Technology Program:
- Quality, convenient and flexible M.Ed. program delivered completely online
- Accelerated Degree Program – Complete the 33 credit program in 12-22 months
- Highly interactive learning community of interesting and engaging working professionals led by outstanding faculty – you'll never learn alone
- Access to using a learning management system to develop learning modules and events
- Practical program where you will learn both the skills to use common technology for learning and the application of theoretical frameworks of design to real world learning
- Great return on investment – earn a valuable degree at an affordable price
- Access to comprehensive online library that includes Educator’s Reference Complete containing both indexed and full-text research journals
- Offered by a university with a proven track record of providing regionally accredited
- Accelerated Degree Programs in a technology-rich, student-focused and highly interactive format
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.