Elementary Education Master's
Liberty University’s Master of Arts in Teaching, with a specialization in Elementary Education is specifically geared toward individuals with no prior teaching experience who are interested in gaining initial teaching licensure in elementary education. Along with core courses in this program, you will study math, natural sciences, language acquisition and reading skills in order to obtain your specialization for licensure, and you will complete your student teaching requirement in the area in which you are seeking licensure. A three-credit hour student teaching internship is required, and on-campus intensives may be required. This program is approved through the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE) and is a state-approved program for initial licensure (reciprocity with other states) or endorsements.
Students are required to take 3-4 classes on Liberty University's campus in Lynchburg, VA.
- Ranked among the top 10 online colleges in the nation for two years in a row
- NCATE Accredited
- Nationally renowned education program offered from a sound moral and biblical perspective
- Most cost-effective, accredited online education program offered by a national educational institution
- Effectively prepares students to serve in the educational field or work in licensed teaching positions
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.