Human Resource Leadership Master's
Human resources may be the most important department organizations have, so learning to manage it effectively is essential for organizational success. A master’s degree in human resource leadership will teach students many of the important aspects involved in managing human resources as well as leadership techniques in general.
Students may explore the importance behind leadership and the organizational and management theories that underlie that importance. Critical thinking skills, research and analysis, and strategic planning are some examples of necessary techniques for those undertaking the degree program. To learn expert leadership techniques at the masters level, students may also be taught to appreciate diversity and global contexts to leadership. Employment law and ethical concerns are also commonly taught in human resource leadership.
With an advanced education in human resource leadership, graduates could be prepared for leadership roles within many different types of organizations. Understanding organizational strategies and teamwork provides a great background for graduates looking to become project managers.
The ability to specifically manage and deal with human resources issues in a leadership context also can make a great background for human resources professionals. Many organizations require leadership of all kinds, including non-profit organizations, government institutions, and for-profit companies. With experience in leadership and people-skills almost any career in a management position is a viable choice for graduates of the degree.
- Building Organizational Culture: Leaders as Architects
- Framing and Analyzing Problems: Research Strategies for Leaders
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Human Resources
- Upper Management
Colleges Offering Degree
- Walden University
- The University of Memphis
- Sullivan University
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.