MA in English Language Learning PK-12
Today, the English language is quickly becoming the language of global business as communication technologies bring different countries, economies and cultures into a more global community through the use of a common language. Learning English as a second language is highly desirable, and the best time to start is during childhood although students of all ages are seeking to become English proficient. While there is a great need for English language teachers in the United States, the need for English language teachers is spreading rapidly across the globe. Teachers who want to become certified in this in-demand field may want to think about seeking a Master of Arts in English Language Learning. These programs are also known as Teaching English as a Second Language; they prepare educators to become certified as ESL (English as a Second Language) or ELL (English Language Learning) educators. These programs can take up to two years to complete, depending on whether or not the student is seeking certification. Heavy emphasis is given to curriculum development, teaching methodology, psychological development of children and adolescents, linguistics, and technology design and development as it is used to teach English as a second language.
- Second Language Acquisition
- Advanced ESL Teaching Methods, Design and Strategies
- Sociolinguistics of the Inner City
- School Curriculum Development
- Classroom Teaching, PK – 12, Community Colleges, and Language Institutes
- Administration for ESL/ELL Programs
Colleges Offering Degree
- Western Governors University
- University of California San Diego
- University of Delaware
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.