Master of Arts in Education/Teacher Education Middle Level Mathematics
Mathematics education is becoming increasingly important as technology continues its profound impact on the world. Governments are realizing the growing need for people who are highly educated with an excellent mathematical foundation. Many school districts offer financial incentives to teachers who have specialized teaching credentials in mathematics. Teachers can increase their knowledge in this educational field by gaining specialized instruction in mathematics education. One of the most critical age groups in mathematics education is at the middle school level. There are several Master of Arts in Education programs with a concentration on Middle Level Mathematics. These programs are generally designed for certified teachers who want to improve their mathematics teaching skills and credentials. These programs are demanding in their coursework and require a high level of understanding in mathematics pedagogy and application. Most programs are designed to help graduates meet the requirements for the federal government’s definition of a “highly qualified” teacher. Students in an M.A. in Education/Middle Level Mathematics can expect to take at least two years to complete this program. While not every program will require a thesis paper for completion, many programs do require a thesis. In addition to a great deal of mathematics knowledge, these M.A. Education/Middle Level Mathematics degree programs will focus on effective teaching practices, mathematics technology, and research fundamentals.
- Finite Mathematics Applications
- Specific Teaching Practices: Mathematics History and Contributions
- Issues in Educational Research
- Professional Development
- Classroom Teaching
- Curriculum Development
Colleges Offering Degree
- Western Governors University
- University of Wyoming
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.