Kent State University's Master of Music in music education degree assists choral, instrumental and general music teachers develop and refine their professional teaching skills. The Master of Music in music education degree is the professional standard required in public school teaching and is also an opportunity for music education enhancement and specialization. Music teachers gain in-depth comprehensive and practical knowledge that builds upon your current teaching experience.
Kent State's Master of Music focuses on the music education curriculum in choral, instrumental, and general music. Courses in technology, music theory and history, and world music are geared to their contemporary application in the K-12 music classroom. You'll also benefit from:
• A comprehensive understanding of music education from the perspectives of sociology, psychology, philosophy, history and comparative curricula.
• Knowledge and application of methodology in quantitative and qualitative music research.
• Capstone curricular project applicable to your area of teaching.
One of the goals of Kent State's Master of Music in music education is to strengthen your current music education skills and ultimately enhance your professional path. Potential career outcomes may include:
• Increase in salary.
• Promotion in current position or to a new position.
• College-level teaching potential.
• New career opportunities.
The Kent State University Hugh A. Glauser School of Music has built this degree around your lifestyle and learning needs. Integral to this degree is the online collaboration among you, your small group, your instructor and the outstanding faculty members - all from the privacy and convenience of your home or office. We are here to support you every step of the way to ensure that your experience is as fulfilling as possible.
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.