Master of Public Health Master's
Serve as an advocate for the development of healthy individuals, organizations, and communities. Walden University’s Master of Public Health program was developed to address the growing need for well-prepared public health professionals and to provide you with the knowledge, skills, and credentials to become an agent of positive social change.
Strengthen your fundamental knowledge of public health’s core competencies, and enhance your skills through a deeper understanding of interdisciplinary competencies, including communications, diversity, and leadership. This program aligns to the five core competencies and seven cross-cutting themes set forth by the Association of Schools of Public Health. Benefit from world-class scholars and public health practitioners from government, health, and nonprofit agencies who bring the outside world into your learning experience by using real examples and case studies. Synthesize your coursework with a practical fieldwork experience and capstone designed to fit your educational and professional needs.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the third-largest online graduate public health program by enrollment, Walden offers a broad overview of public health education. Whether you are new to public health or an experienced practitioner in the field, the Walden M.P.H. will give you the confidence and the tools to lead effectively in the practice of public health.
Walden’s Master of Public Health features
- A strong foundation in the core disciplines of public health
- A practice-oriented approach using real-world examples and case studies
- Access to scholars and practitioners from government, health, and nonprofit sectors
- A practical fieldwork experience to apply your new knowledge
- A curriculum that includes the 5 core competencies and 7 cross-cutting themes set forth by the Association of Schools of Public Health
- Preparation for the CHES exam
- APHA membership
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.