Master of Science in Applied Psychology-Industrial-Organizational Psychology
Learn to use your understanding of human behavior to solve real-world problems in business and community settings with Sacred Heart University’s online MS in Applied Psychology. In this rigorous, fully online program, students will examine how to motivate individuals and organizations, how to assess and improve performance, and how to counsel those in need of assistance. Graduates can take their skills into a wide variety of fields, including human resource management, labor relations, social services, and the fast-growing government sector. The degree program can also prepare students for future doctoral studies.
Built on the foundation of a research-driven core curriculum, the Sacred Heart University MSAP program offers a general track as well as two career-oriented concentrations to match your interests and professional goals.
- Industrial-Organizational Psychology: This concentration focuses on applying psychology in the workplace, such as for personnel management, performance assessment, and employee development.
- Community Psychology: Learn how to care for individuals and the general public in settings such as schools and social service agencies.
Other features of the SHU Master of Applied Psychology program include:
- A research-driven core curriculum built on a scientist-practitioner model
- A team of expert professors, many of whom are licensed psychologists
- Fieldwork projects that help you immediately apply cutting-edge theory to real-world situations.
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.