Master of Science in Education-Mathematics: Grades 6-8
Teachers understand that students at different grade levels have different intellectual, psychological, and emotional needs. That’s one of the main reasons why many educators seek advanced degrees in teaching specific subjects to students in specific age groups. One of the most in-demand advanced teaching degrees is a Master of Science in Education - Mathematics, Grades 6 - 8. Middle school children require specialized approaches in mathematics education. A Master of Science in Education - Mathematics, Grades 6 - 8 can provide professional teachers the added skills they need to achieve a very high level of competency in this specialized field. School districts across the nation are actively seeking teachers who have achieved an M.S. in Education - Mathematics, Grade 6 - 8 because of the shortage of teachers in specialized areas of focus across STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) fields. Most programs emphasize strategies that help teachers deal with practical classroom issues like technology, standardized testing, and classroom management. These programs also address sensitive cultural issues, professional development, and advanced teaching skills in areas like algebra, geometry, and operations. Most programs will take about two years to complete, and may include a portfolio of curriculum designed especially for mathematics students in grades 6 - 8.
- Data Analysis and Probability, Grades 6 - 8
- Action Research for Educators
- Algebra, Grades 6 - 8
- Classroom Teaching, Grades 6 - 8
- Curriculum Development and Administration
- Special Needs Mathematics Education, Grades 6 - 8
Colleges Offering Degree
- Walden University
- University of Maryland
- Northern Illinois University
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.