Master of Science in Education-Mathematics: Grades K-5
As discrepancies from country to country arise in global assessment testing in mathematics subjects, countries are beginning to realize the critical nature of excellent mathematics educators. Additionally, as technology continues its rapid expansion even in underdeveloped countries, governments are realizing that mathematics education is crucial to economic development in all countries, both developed and underdeveloped. Nations across the globe are competing to have the best mathematics instruction at all grade levels as a measure of defense against poor student performance and economic problems resulting from an uneducated workforce. Many areas now offer substantial pay bonuses to educators who are specially certified in mathematics education. Master of Science in Mathematics Education K-5 programs are now addressing the need for highly qualified math instructors at the elementary level. Educators must begin teaching children mathematics theories at earlier ages, with children as young as first grade learning algebraic principles. The ability to teach children complicated theories in an age appropriate format is one of the most important facets in mathematics education, because the earlier a child can grasp these theories, the higher their success rate will be in mathematics education later in life. An M.S. in Mathematics Education K-5 will also address a variety of other education issues such a curriculum and presentation.
- Education Without Boundaries
- Graphing, Proportional Reasoning and Equations/Inequalities
- Finite Mathematics Applications
- School Curriculum Development
- Classroom Instruction
- Mathematics Education Professional Development
Colleges Offering Degree
- Walden University
- Western Governors University
- Lindenwood University
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.