Master of Science in Health Information Management
The Master of Science in Health Information Management (MS HIM) is designed for professionals seeking the skills and knowledge necessary to develop and manage information systems resources in healthcare enterprises. The student will acquire the skills needed to analyze information needs, design solutions, and manage information storage, transfer and retrieval in healthcare environments.
Graduates of the program are expected to be able to:
- Utilize information systems tools, techniques, and methodologies applicable to healthcare systems.
- Manage healthcare information systems development projects that meet health administration needs.
- Develop reporting and support capabilities for healthcare decisions.
- Ensure information policy and strategy is consistent with the clinical, ethical, legal, and financial requirements of healthcare institutions.
- Evaluate all aspects of the healthcare environment and integrate strategic thinking into the operations of the organization.
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.