Master of Science in Terrorism and Counterterrorism
The Master's Degree in Terrorism and Counterterrorism is earned by satisfactory completion of an online program equivalent to a year and a half of full time post-graduate study. This program emphasizes professionalism, proactive strategies, and a thorough understanding of the terrorist strategies and dynamics. It also provides for the advanced knowledge of how to deal with terrorism to adequately protect life and property. All courses are four and a half credit hour courses unless otherwise noted.
Graduates of this program will be able to:
- Plan and conduct counterterrorism operations in a team leadership or management role
- Show an advanced understanding of current terrorist threats including cybernetic attacks and threats involving weapons of mass destruction (WMD)
- Develop and conduct advanced intelligence collection programs
- Identify and distinguish between different types of terrorism according to the ideology of the terrorists
- Perform sophisticated terrorist threat assessments
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.