Master's in Education in Higher and Postsecondary Education
Looking to focus your post-graduate education in the development of management skills in the Higher and Postsecondary Education field? If you are, you should consider the Master of Arts in Education (MAEd) in Higher & Postsecondary Education. This program offered by Argosy University Online Programs is designed for individuals seeking administrative and managerial roles in non-instructional roles and departments in the broad field of higher education including universities, colleges, professional schools, technical/vocational schools, and other postsecondary organizations.
Students will have an opportunity to learn from accomplished practitioners who draw from their own professional backgrounds in delivering relevant courses rooted in theory and practical application. Participants in our master’s online will have an opportunity to learn to:
- Improve interpersonal effectiveness by establishing, building, and sustaining effective alliances with diverse key stakeholders to successfully address institutional priorities.
- Develop and manage organizational resources including human, fiscal, and physical resources within an environment of competing priorities.
- Enhance critical thinking by analyzing complex situations that impact key learning partners and developing strategies to further the organizational mission and vision.
- Plan, implement and assess programs and services for effectiveness and appropriateness as related to the organization's needs and goals.
- Learn to apply prevailing technologies to manage and enhance student programs and services.
- Development of students and student services through the application of appropriate development theories to support traditional and non-traditional student growth, achievement, and success.
*This program [and concentration] do not lead to state teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement. This program [and concentration] are designed to enhance the skills and knowledge of individuals already certified, licensed or endorsed and for individuals interested in pursuing these degrees for reasons other than obtaining teacher or administrator certification, licensure, or endorsement.
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.