MS Leadership-Innovation & Technology
A master of science in leadership is a graduate degree program designed to create management-ready leaders. A specialization in innovation and technology provides critical thinking applications for today’s fast-paced industries. As technology propels the business world into the 21st century, there is a need for specialists that can oversee the processes that come along with technological implementation. Complicated procedures like systems installation and database creation, along with simpler tasks like email server change and network updates all require effective management in order for the rest of business to stay seamless. To fulfill this need, there are innovation and technology specialists. These MS holders go on to work in a variety of IT positions.
These leadership roles most commonly include overseeing the work of others, but in many cases managers are well-read on the subject at hand, if not completely capable of performing the project themselves. The role of a leadership innovation and technology specialist is not to do the job alone, however; it’s to organize it in a way that is most efficient in terms of energy output, cost, and labor. Healthcare, engineering, hospitality, and corporate businesses all need specialists to fill these roles. Thought the context of the techniques learned in this grad program change from industry to industry, the primary responsibility of managing people, processes, and projects remains largely the same.
- Building Organizational Culture
- Developing and Communicating Solutions
- Innovation and Technology
- Information Technology
Colleges Offering Degree
- Walden University
- Purdue University College of Technology
- Rochester Institute of Technology
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.