MSM in Interdisciplinary Studies in Management
An MSM, short for master of science in management degree, is a grad program with concentrated focus on management techniques and quality leadership as it relates to business. A specialization in interdisciplinary studies provides a multicultural, multilevel approach to management. This provides students a wide breadth of working knowledge, which they can later utilize to consider career advancement opportunities in their current jobs, or to explore new ones as a new applicant on the job market.
This MSM track may be highly applicable to small business owners, prospective business owners, and entrepreneurs alike. It applies basic business approaches in divisions like finance and marketing and combines them with cultural knowledge and information systems, making this wide-reaching platform an ideal foundation for those with entrepreneurial goals. In addition to small business, an MSM in interdisciplinary studies also has application in technical services, where degree holders may explore options as consultants and advisors. Nonprofit businesses also have a need for these kinds of professional managers. In this sector, grads might look for work as board members, project managers, and committee organizers. Regardless of the professional implementation, this kind of MSM focus could help graduate students discover the most effective way to manage their goals.
- Intercultural Communication and Leadership
- Employee Relations
- Information Systems for Managers
- Small Business/Entrepreneurship
- Technical Consulting Services
- Nonprofit Sector
Colleges Offering Degree
- Montana State University Billings
- Texas State University San Marcos
- University of Maryland University College
* Please Note: The school information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include the school listed on this page.