College Degrees

Nursing-Nursing Education Master's

Herzing University's Master of Science Degree in Nursing provides two different concentrations designed for those who wish to advance in management as well as become educators. Both provide the coursework and credentials to take you to the next level as quickly as possible. Graduates of the Nursing Education concentration are qualified to work in classroom and practice settings to educate, prepare and mentor current and future nurses. They can teach in hospitals as Nurse Educators, Staff Development Coordinators, or Clinical Nurse Specialists. Teach in doctor's offices and other health care organizations, wherever patient education is needed. Teach at the university level as an Instructor or Assistant Professor. Work in elementary, middle, and high schools as a School Nurse.

Students from outside the United States who complete their Herzing studies 100% online in their home country, without the need to travel to the U.S., will not require a student visa. However, the international admissions items 1 to 4 listed below must be provided by all international students, whether studying online or at a traditional campus in the U.S.
Herzing University is authorized by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services(USCIS) to accept and enroll non-immigrant students.

In order to be issued an I-20 authorization from the University, non-immigrant applicants must meet the University’s general admissions requirements and provide the following documentation:

1. A certified copy of the high school transcripts, college transcripts or the equivalent documents. Diplomas and supporting transcripts not written in English must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

2. ACT/SAT scores or transcripts indicating prior post-secondary coursework deemed appropriate for placement into the intended program. This document will substitute for entrance exams, which Herzing University does not administer beyond the U.S. and Canada. Foreign students may be required to pay for a professional evaluation of their transcripts if deemed necessary by Herzing University.

3. A notarized statement of financial support or a certified government sponsor letter indicating that tuition will be paid in advance of each term (the first two semesters tuition must be paid upon enrollment) and that all necessary living expenses for the international applicant will be provided. (Form I-134 may be used and is available online from the USCIS.)

4. Proof of English-language proficiency through any one of the following:

  • A score of 500 or higher on the paper-based TOEFL.
  • A score of 173 or higher on the computer-based TOEFL.
  • Documentation of successful completion of an intermediate English course from a designated ESL center.
  • Documentation of successful completion of secondary studies in English (a minimum of four years).
  • Documentation of successful completion of post-secondary studies in English (a minimum of 12 semester hours).

* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.