Religious Education Chaplaincy Master's
Liberty University’s Master of Religious Education degree program, with a specialization in Chaplaincy, prepares you to become a military chaplain or servant leader. As a student in the MRE program, you will be trained to be a wise, faithful steward of the Gospel, and develop specific ministry skills, strategies and Christian character traits relevant for successful ministry in a military or institutional chaplaincy setting. In this program you will examine the theological and cultural issues relevant for formal and informal chaplaincy settings. You will also observe the similarities and differences among the various types of chaplaincies, giving careful attention to ministry in religiously pluralistic, multicultural, and multi-staff environments. Some of these settings may include service as a military chaplain, or in corrections facilities/prisons, geriatric/eldercare homes, emergency response arenas, hospitals and workplace/industrial settings.
Potential Career Options
- Military Chaplain
- Marketplace Chaplain
- Ranked among the top 10 online colleges in the nation for two years in a row
- Nationally renowned Seminary and Professional Studies program offered from a sound moral and biblical perspective
- Most cost-effective, accredited online Seminary program offered by a national educational institution
- Effectively prepares students to serve in their chosen area of ministry
- Nationally acclaimed Seminary faculty teaching online courses
* Please Note: The program information on this page is for general college research purposes only. Filling out the College Finder form (to your right), will provide information from schools that match your criteria but may or may not include any schools that may be listed on this page.