Explore Health Science Degrees
Get matched to an Online Health Science Degree Program for FREE!
BASICS OF HEALTH SCIENCE DEGREE
There are an incredible array of things to consider when ensuring good health. The nutritional benefits of what you eat play a tremendous factor in cardiovascular health and can play a direct role in long-term health outcomes and what diseases people may face later in life. Similarly, regular exercise increases well-being and can help prevent negative health outcomes brought on by a sedentary lifestyle. Even genetics and afflictions carried down through a person’s bloodline can have a huge effect on wellness.
While there are surgeons, doctors and professionals that specialize in very particular health subjects, there is also a place for well-rounded experts that have a basic understanding of all the moving parts. That’s where those taught in health sciences come into play.
An online degree in health sciences may lead into a wide array of different career paths that enjoy various tasks and responsibilities. It could function as a stepping stone to more specified learning in a the medical field – for instance students may choose to begin studying to become a certified nurse or even go to medical school. On the other hand, the general knowledge you attain taking health sciences courses may help you pursue a career as a health educator or counselor or as a hospital administrator.
IS A HEALTH SCIENCE DEGREE PROGRAM FOR YOU?
Are you passionate about science? Do you want to support sustantainability and vital health? Than an online degree in health sciences may be right for you! An Online Health Science Degree covers the intersection between life sciences, health care and medical diagnostics to give students a broader understanding of health. However, courses branch beyond even these subjects. Students are also challenged to learn about social, economic and behavioral factors that affect health. They may be given the tools and learning necessary to collect and organize data effectively and implement health plans that follow newer research.
Featured Online Schools
Southern New Hampshire University
- Take advantage of some of the nation’s most affordable tuition rates, while earning a degree from a private, nonprofit, NEASC accredited university
- Qualified students with 2.5 GPA and up may receive up to $20K in grants & scholarships
- Multiple term start dates throughout the year. 24/7 online classroom access.
- Offering over 200 online degrees
Popular Online Programs
Business Administration, Psychology, Information Technology, Human Services…
Purdue Global University
- Experience world-class education online with more than 175 programs at associate’s, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral levels.
- Competency-based ExcelTrack™ Programs may allow you to earn your degree faster and for less money
- Courses taught by highly respected faculty members who are experts in their fields
- Full range of student services including no cost tutoring in math, science and writing
Available Online Programs
Business, Analytics, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Healthcare Management, RN to BSN, Criminal Justice, Psychology
Colorado State University
- Ranked #8 by U.S.News & World Report for Best Online Bachelor’s Programs
- Apply up to 90 transfer credits for bachelor’s students, and 9 transfer credits for master’s degree students.
- CSU Global graduates experience a return on investment of 4:1, which means they receive $4 in salary and benefits for every $1 they invest in their education.
Online Programs Include:
Accounting, Business Administration, Criminal Justice, Psychology & Information Technology
HEALTH SCIENCE CAREER PATHS AND POTENTIAL SALARIES
Your salary as a health sciences professional is largely decided by your specific job title, your level of education, your experience and your skill. Consider the following careers, with statistics compiled by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics in 2016.
HEALTH EDUCATORS (I)
Health educators teach people about behaviors that promote wellness. They develop and implement strategies to improve the health of individuals and communities. Community health workers collect data and discuss health concerns with members of specific populations or communities.
Median Salary: $45,360 per year
Job growth through 2026: 16% (Much faster than average)
Typical Entry-level education: Bachelor’s degree
DIETITIANS AND NUTRITIONISTS(II)
Dietitians and nutritionists are experts in the use of food and nutrition to promote health and manage disease. They advise people on what to eat in order to lead a healthy lifestyle or achieve a specific health-related goal.
Median Salary: $59,410 per year
Job growth through 2026: 15% (Much faster than average)
Typical Entry-level education: Bachelor’s Degree
Medical assistants complete administrative and clinical tasks in the offices of physicians, hospitals, and other healthcare facilities. Their duties vary with the location, specialty, and size of the pra
Median Salary: $32,480 per year
Job growth through 2026: 29% (Much faster than average)
Typical Entry-level education: Postsecondary nondegree award